Thursday, July 22, 2010

My first post..

Well, I guess after having this blog set up for ever, it's time to start posting.
-but where to start? I'm still sitting here, staring at this mostly blank screen and I'm beginning to remember why it's taken me 8 mos to even open the page. *deep breath* Here goes everything...

This last year has been one huge test of endurance for me..in the form of our second military deployment. While I'm thankful it's almost over, I can't help but recognize that I've learned more about myself and what I want out my life, more than any other time before.

  • I've learned that being strong doesn't mean you're not weak.
  • I've learned that you can still love and be loved through even your ugliest days.
  • I've learned that love comes in all forms and sometimes when you least expect it.
  • I've learned that inside this stormy rock-n-roll heart, gentleness still lives.
  • I've learned that sometimes you just have to shut up and be quiet for a while.
  • I've learned that old friends can become new again if you just let it happen.
  • I've learned that sometimes the words are enough and sometimes they aren't.
  • I've learned that I can love many people, in many different ways and there's nothing wrong with that.
  • I've learned that sometimes when I'm waiting on a phone call to get me thru the day, it's better to make a phone call..someone else needs the same thing.
  • I've learned that independent isn't a bad word and I actually love it.
  • I've learned that sleeping alone isn't as hard as I thought it would be.
  • I've learned that a drive with the windows down and the music up can still clear my head.
  • I've learned the importance of sleeping in and never changing outta sweats at least once a week.
  • I've learned that my ability to forgive gets easier as I practice forgiveness.
  • I've learned that being lonely doesn't always mean being alone and being alone doesn't always mean being lonely.
  • I've learned that the world won't end if I don't answer a call, a txt, an email or the door.
  • I've learned that my capacity to love is more than I ever imagined.
  • I've learned that even at my strongest, I still have and always will, a porcelain heart.
  • I've learned that the first few moments of my morning can set the course of my day.
  • I've learned that there can always be a reconciliation after even the most heated argument..you just have to want it.
  • I've learned that I seeing myself through other's eyes is priceless.
  • I've learned that some relationships have an expiration date and I'm still learning to let go.
  • I've learned that one of the hardest years of my life has turned out to be one of the one of my best...I know more about who I really am than I did a year ago and as a searcher, that's invaluable.
These are just a handful of the lessons I've learned this year and I've learned to be thankful for all of them.



3 comments:

  1. In learning all this, you have taught me many invaluable lessons. I love you and the way your mind works (even if I don't always get it).
    ---Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging. I now have a new blog to ad to my blog roll. Enjoy blogging! I love capturing all the funny moments and memories of our family...whether or not people read it, I will always have it to remember it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't be any prouder of my wife for doing an excellent job while I'm away. Many people say that they are proud of me and what I do. I wish that they would realize as I do that my family has the toughest job in the Army. They are the world to me and even though I am seperated from them I still have a mission to keep me occupied. They do not have this luxury. So, I am forever greatful to have a wife who can recognize and grow from these experiences. I love you Carrie and there is no one in this world in my eyes who could shine like you have during this time apart. I hope many others read this. Thank you for everything.

    ReplyDelete